The Food Roundup for the Baptist Children's Homes will be collected during April 2021. The Resource Center is a collection point for the food. Food may be brought to the Resource Center Monday through Thursday 9:30 am to 4:00 pm during the month of April. Please click on the blue "Needs List for Food Roundup 2021" below to see what items you need to bring. Remember that gift cards are appreciated. Please check the needs list below to see where to purchase gift cards. Being a part of the Food Roundup is not only about collecting food but it is about shining the light of Jesus and providing meals and snacks to boys and girls in Baptist Children's Homes' care.
The spring trainings are for anyone who wants to be certified for the first time or for those wanting to recertify.
Region 9 Training will be held at FBC Hendersonville, May 13 and May 15, 2021.
Click on the following link for more information and to register:
The following is a direct link to the North Carolina Baptist Foundation website:
Do you have Hispanics living near your church and want to find ways to reach them? Gary Odom is available to meet with pastors, church leaders or come and speak on a Sunday evening to help you map out a simple plan. Gary has been a missionary with IMB in South America for nine years and has also started Spanish speaking churches in the U.S. He is currently contracting with the Buncombe Baptist Association to help churches in this area. You may call Gary at 828-620-1265 or text him. Gary is looking forward to hearing from you.
Bring your used Sunday School Literature, Bibles and tracts to the Resource Center. The materials will be transported to Harvest Seed Ministry of Mt. Sinai Baptist Church in Shelby, NC. We are receiving several boxes of used Sunday School literature from churches across our Buncombe Baptist Association. Come help us sort and box this material so that we can transport them to Shelby, NC. From there they will be shipped to many countries where churches need these "Love Packages" to lead believers in a deeper study of God's Word. The following is a list of items we will accept.
- Bibles: New, used, any translation, in any condition
- Sunday School Supplies: Quarterlies, teacher books, teaching packets, teaching pictures, etc. for all ages and all publishers, Children's packets should include just teaching help items and be in the plastic cover sealed shut. Do not send any handiwork or crafts the children have made.
- Reference Books,& Commentaries, Devotionals,VBS Kits (Complete Kits), Christian Books & Paperbacks
- Media (CD's DVD's, B Blu Ray, Music, Movies Teaching and etc.)
- Hymnals & Musicals
- Puppets, Bible Games, Biblical Puzzles, Nativity Sets, Noah's Ark
Sorting Used Literature & Bibles: (Local Volunteer Work that Impacts International Missions)
- THERE ARE NO SORTING DATES FOR THIS QUARTER AT THIS TIME: (Each sorting date begins at 10:00 am)
- Please call the Baptist Resource Center at 828-252-1864 to let us know you are coming (individual, small groups)
Thank You, Diana Brewer, Missions Mobilization Assistant