Click on the blue "April, May, June Newsletter" below
to open and read the Buncombe Baptist Association Newsletter.
Encouraging all the BBA partners to minister "Neighbor to Neighbor" because of the Gospel, as we begin to impact lives with the Gospel during this COVID-19 crisis. Check on neighbors of all ages to see if you can assist by:
- picking up medicine
- cleaning supplies
- hand sanitizer
- groceries, and
- hydrating drinks, etc.
- look to share the Gospel
Please treat seriously the GUIDELINES suggested by the Center for Disease Control https://www.cdc.gov/, NC health department https://www.ncdhhs.gov/, and the Buncombe County Health Department. This crisis pushes the church to focus where our focus should always be: the COMMUNITY. "The CHURCH has never been about a BUILDING." Like the Buncombe Baptist Facebook page to learn of more opportunities posted yesterday by video from Karen Holcomb, Mission Mobilization Coordinator. Also, visit the https://www.buncombebaptist.org/ website for updates in this fluid situation.
BUNCOMBE BAPTIST ASSOCIATION RESPONSE TO COVID-19, MARCH 23, 2020
The Buncombe Baptist Association, in support of our local churches, is traveling down an avenue that we have never traveled before.
The Holy Spirit keeps bringing to my mind the following truths: The SECURITY of God's people is in His SOVEREIGNTY and the PEACE of God's people is in the PERSON of Jesus!
"Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think anything as of ourselves: but our sufficiency is of God." 2nd Corinthians 3:5
This Covid-19 pandemic is a very fluid situation and requires daily adjustments to gatherings and ministry. Let me share with you how the BBA staff is moving forward with ministry:
- Currently the BBA staff will continue to keep the office open and retain the same hours, but would prefer to handle all business by phone or email.
- The Buncombe Baptist Resource Center will be closed to all walk-in traffic the week of 3/23/2020 to 3/26/2020. Our staff will work in isolation within our work space. This will prohibit the BBA staff from being put at risk.
- The BBA has cancelled all gatherings/team meetings/training, etc. for the next 30 days. We will re-evaluate any risl after April 16th.
- The Associational Mission Strategist will be practicing "Social Distancing" until the end of March. Appointments outside the office will be restricted. Contact by phone or email is preferred.
- Watch for frequent updates or ministry opportunity announcements by email or the BBA website. https://www.buncombebaptist.org
- Continue to use the "Prayer Challenge" issued by the SBC in your small group (less than 5) gathering or live stream/Facebook live worshiip.
Pray for God to show mercy and stop this pandemic and save lives! Pray for all of our national and local government officials as God grants wisdom and decision making. Pray for all the medical professionals who are dealing with the public today. Pray for all of our spiritual leaders locally and around the globe who are ministering to many in this day of uncertainty.
- The BBA is staying in daily contact with the BSCNC, Buncombe County Public Health and watching closely the CDC website for updates in this fluid circumstance.
SOURCES FOR VIRUS INFORMATION:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dial 211 for state emergency information
- Buncombe County EMS emergency management coordinator
Karen Holcomb, our Missions Mobilization Coordinator will be sharing some possibilities for Community Ministry by email and Facebook video.
"Like" our Buncombe Baptist Facebook page to stay in touch or check our website https://www.buncombebaptist.org/.
"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1
Praying For You! Perry Brindley, Associational Mission Strategist Buncombe Baptist Association
WE ARE ANNOUNCING CANCELLED MEETINGS FOR THE NEXT 30 DAYS (THRU APRIL 16TH)
- March 19th: Third Thursday, Church Plant Co-hort at Missio Dei Church
- March 20th: Aging Well Conference (NCBAM) at Swannanoa First Baptist Church
- March 23rd: Church Revitalization Learning Community & Church Plant Meeting at the BBA
- March 24th: Proverbial Kids Workshop at the BBA
- March 26th: Hope Line Training (NCBAM) at the BBA
- April 2nd: Fair Leadership Team Meeting at the BBA
- April 6th: Ministers' Roundtable/Fellowship at the BBA
Baptists on Mission (as part of the Buncombe County Supportive Resources for Response team) in working with Buncombe County Emergency Management have requested that churches and their volunteer teams register to respond (to the isolated and quarantined) in the following ways:
Because of COVID-19, it is not possible to move forward with the food drive in April. We are rescheduling the "Food Roundup" from April to later this year. We still have needs. Here is how your church can help:
Give by check (make check to Baptist Children's Homes) or online at: https://www.bchfamily.org/serve/western
Send gift cards (Especially to Walmart and Food Lion)
Deliver essential food & supplies: Call the BCH nearest you (336-689-4442) for specifics