BUNCOMBE BAPTIST ASSOCIATION RESPONSE TO COVID-19, MARCH 23, 2020
The Buncombe Baptist Association, in support of our local churches, is traveling down an avenue that we have never traveled before.
The Holy Spirit keeps bringing to my mind the following truths: The SECURITY of God's people is in His SOVEREIGNTY and the PEACE of God's people is in the PERSON of Jesus!
"Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think anything as of ourselves: but our sufficiency is of God." 2nd Corinthians 3:5
This Covid-19 pandemic is a very fluid situation and requires daily adjustments to gatherings and ministry. Let me share with you how the BBA staff is moving forward with ministry:
- Currently the BBA staff will continue to keep the office open and retain the same hours, but would prefer to handle all business by phone or email.
- The Buncombe Baptist Resource Center will be closed to all walk-in traffic the week of 3/23/2020 to 3/26/2020. Our staff will work in isolation within our work space. This will prohibit the BBA staff from being put at risk.
- The BBA has cancelled all gatherings/team meetings/training, etc. for the next 30 days. We will re-evaluate any risl after April 16th.
- The Associational Mission Strategist will be practicing "Social Distancing" until the end of March. Appointments outside the office will be restricted. Contact by phone or email is preferred.
- Watch for frequent updates or ministry opportunity announcements by email or the BBA website. https://www.buncombebaptist.org
- Continue to use the "Prayer Challenge" issued by the SBC in your small group (less than 5) gathering or live stream/Facebook live worshiip.
Pray for God to show mercy and stop this pandemic and save lives! Pray for all of our national and local government officials as God grants wisdom and decision making. Pray for all the medical professionals who are dealing with the public today. Pray for all of our spiritual leaders locally and around the globe who are ministering to many in this day of uncertainty.
- The BBA is staying in daily contact with the BSCNC, Buncombe County Public Health and watching closely the CDC website for updates in this fluid circumstance.
SOURCES FOR VIRUS INFORMATION:
- email: email@example.com
- Dial 211 for state emergency information
- Buncombe County EMS emergency management coordinator
Karen Holcomb, our Missions Mobilization Coordinator will be sharing some possibilities for Community Ministry by email and Facebook video.
"Like" our Buncombe Baptist Facebook page to stay in touch or check our website https://www.buncombebaptist.org/.
"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1
Praying For You! Perry Brindley, Associational Mission Strategist Buncombe Baptist Association